Medication Forms

Sherri Lapp, Kennedy School Nurse

pill bottle Medication Administration During School hours:

Pills Asthma Inhaler
Should it become necessary for your child to take medication during school hours the following forms are required. Please note: The school nurse is not allowed by law to administer any medication (over the counter or prescription) without written authorization from both parent/guardian and the child's doctor.

  • For medications other than Epipens or medication for asthma a written and signed order from the student's physician is required (this includes over the counter medications: Advil, Tylenol, cold medication, etc) and should include the student’s name, diagnosis, name of medication, medication dosage and times of administration, as well as the length of time for which the medication is prescribed. Parental authorization is also required. Please fill out and submit the form attached to this link along with the physician's order:
  • If your child requires an Epipen for a food allergy please submit the Epipen Authorization and the Food Allergy Action Plan. Each set of  forms forms need to be signed by both the child's physician and parent/guardian:
  •  If your child is asthmatic, and requires administration of an inhaler or nebulizer during school hours  the following forms are necessary, signed by both the child's physician and parent/guardian:
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.